This ePortfolio represents a culmination of work done during my Masters of Higher Education in Administration program at Bay Path University. A graduation requirement for all Bay Path graduate degree programs, my ePortfolio is a collection of work which demonstrates my learning. Experience and achievements can be read in my Blog.
Online Teaching Tips
Curated resources a new online faculty might be interested in reviewing. These resources represent research done over the period of 8 weeks while studying for the course Building Online Learning Communities. These resources were chosen because they represent current thought on the various subject matter outlined below.
- Assessing students with collaborative activities
- Course Delivery
- Online Learner
- EDUCAUSE: IT leaders and professionals in higher education
- Edutopia- what works in education
- Faculty Focus -excellent sources, directed at faculty
- iNACOL- the International Association for K-12 Online Learning. You need to know what the younger generation is doing, so you can be prepared
- Inside Higher Ed -coming to you from the Chronicle of Higher Education
- ISTE- the International Society for Technology in Education
- NERCOMP: North eastern Regional Computing Program-not just IT, instructional design, online learning etc.
- The New York Times -catch the Daily Briefing, if you can't dive any deeper
- Online Learning Consortium [formally SLOAN] is a very excellent source for everything about online learning
- Reply All - strictly listening & the subject matter is not just educational material.
A Life Long Learner’s
twelve guiding principles which express, in more detail why I am pursuing this master’s degree.
- I admit I am powerless over learning. I have been learning online since 1994.
- I believe that there is a power of knowledge greater than myself. This power refreshes my curiosity for enlightenment and leads me to continuously hone my online learning skills.
- I have made a decision to focus my will and re-arrange my life’s obligations, in order to continue to develop my education.
- I have inventoried my skills and am ready to fearlessly continue my educational pursuits-in the area of higher education administration with particular focus on online teaching and program administration.
- I admit to others, and myself that it has been far too long since I have been enrolled in a proper degree-earning program.
- I am ready to have knowledge renew and refresh my curious character and encourage my pursuit of the learning necessary in obtaining this degree.
- I am asking for knowledge, so as to remove any shortcomings I have in my skill level for my current and future professional positions.
- I have a list of people in my past, present and future, to which I am willing to collaborate in the pursuit of new knowledge.
- I intend to actively collaborate, assist, and support others-in my program and out- with the knowledge I have and will be learning.
- I critically and continuously inventory my learning skills.
- I meditate and mindfully improve my relationship with learning by conscious online contact with colleagues and engaging my curiosity, both of which push me towards furthering my education.
- Having a curious mind and naturally inquisitive nature, I carry the message of these steps and practice these principles in all aspects of my life, work and I enjoy sharing with others who will benefit from learning.